Amiibo

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Amiibo

Post by Todd »

Anyone taking part in the amiibo craze? Anyone else as annoyed with how Nintendo and retail stores have handled them as I am?

I have 19 amiibo (or amiibos? What's the plural form of amiibo?) and four coming: Mario (SSB), Luigi (SSB), Mario (MP), Toad, Peach (MP), Yoshi (SSB), Bowser (SSB), Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Marth, Ike, Samus, Mega Man, and Sonic. The new ones I ordered haven't been released yet, but are Robin, Lucina, Ness, and Pacman.

Legend for amiibo with multiple versions:
SSB = Super Smash Bros version
MP = Mario Party version
Crystal

Re: Amiibo

Post by Crystal »

I am super annoyed with how Nintendo has been doing this whole thing. As a result my collection is super small just because there are only a certain few I actually want and go figure they're all super hard to get and I can't get them.

As of right now my collection contains Zelda and Ike. I'd one day love to get Lucina, Robin, and Greninja but I'm not holding my breath on it. x_x

I'm hoping that one day when the hype wears off I'll be able to get them. Likely just wishful thinking on my part though. Ugh.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Only one I have is from a convention and it's Ulquiorra xD I have no idea where he is from the move ;;
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

The ones I currently have are Link, Pikachu, Marth, Ike, Shulk & Lucario. I've also got preorders on Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Zero Suit Samus & Palutena.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Since I don't have a WiiU I wanted to get the Amiibo purely as a collector's item, especially since there is *NO* Starfox Merchandise.

I only have Fox.

I would love to get Link, Pit, and Kirby. I was following Amiibo pretty closely recently but not so much since the day they came out I literally ran to the store to get Fox. XD
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hahaha, Todd, I'm so happy to see that you made a post about Amiibo here!

Here are mine:

Captain Falcon (newest addition :D)
Fox
Gold Mario
Kirby
Link
Luigi (SMB)
Megaman
Rosalina
Sheik (I have an extra if anyone wants it :D)
Shulk
Sonic
Toad
Toon Link
Yoshi
Zelda

I also have preorders on the Splatoon 3-pack, Ness, Pacman, and Jigglypuff! I would love a King Dedede and Pit. Also the SMB Peach because it's gorgeous. :D

Are there any Amiibo you guys want to see made for other games or even just characters without any? I'd love to see a Princess Daisy one.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

There are so many Amiibo I would want...

Midna
Darunia
Link (From Link to the Past)
Sacred Dragons from Skyward Sword (Wouldn't that be cool?!)
Krystal
Meowth

I'm sure there's more. Heh.

So I don't even know what the Amiibo do as I've never used mine. What do they actually do in the game?
Todd

Post by Todd »

@Megan - Haha, of course!

@Destinie - Different ones do different things in different games. All amiibos unlock special outfits that look like them for the mii racer in Mario Kart. Zelda, Link, Toon Link, and Sheik unlock weapons in Hyrule Warriors. Robin, Lucina, Ike, and Marth unlock themselves as playable characters in Codename Steam. All amiibos can be trained up to fight against or with you in Super Smash Bros. Kirby, Metaknight, and King Dedede unlock power ups in the new Kirby game. Yoshi will put a second Yoshi in the game in the upcoming Yoshi's Yarn World. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Best of all, they just look cool on display. I'd buy them even if they couldn't be used in many games. I am buying characters I am interested in, hoping they are useable in future games I am interested in.

As for amiibo I would like to see... Knuckles and Tails, the Koopalings, Dixie Kong, Phoenix Wright, Bravely Default characters...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So you can use them in various games instead of just one game? (Which is what I was hoping for unlike the other games that utilize figures.) I don't have any games to use Fox in but I am looking forward to the release of the Amiibo port for the 3DS.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Destinie wrote:So you can use them in various games instead of just one game? (Which is what I was hoping for unlike the other games that utilize figures.) I don't have any games to use Fox in but I am looking forward to the release of the Amiibo port for the 3DS.
Fox is a classic Nintendo character. I guarantee your Fox amiibo will be useable in the new Star Fox game.