Amiibo

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Re: Amiibo

Post by Destinie »

There are so many Amiibo I would want...

Midna
Darunia
Link (From Link to the Past)
Sacred Dragons from Skyward Sword (Wouldn't that be cool?!)
Krystal
Meowth

I'm sure there's more. Heh.

So I don't even know what the Amiibo do as I've never used mine. What do they actually do in the game?
Todd

Post by Todd »

@Megan - Haha, of course!

@Destinie - Different ones do different things in different games. All amiibos unlock special outfits that look like them for the mii racer in Mario Kart. Zelda, Link, Toon Link, and Sheik unlock weapons in Hyrule Warriors. Robin, Lucina, Ike, and Marth unlock themselves as playable characters in Codename Steam. All amiibos can be trained up to fight against or with you in Super Smash Bros. Kirby, Metaknight, and King Dedede unlock power ups in the new Kirby game. Yoshi will put a second Yoshi in the game in the upcoming Yoshi's Yarn World. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Best of all, they just look cool on display. I'd buy them even if they couldn't be used in many games. I am buying characters I am interested in, hoping they are useable in future games I am interested in.

As for amiibo I would like to see... Knuckles and Tails, the Koopalings, Dixie Kong, Phoenix Wright, Bravely Default characters...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So you can use them in various games instead of just one game? (Which is what I was hoping for unlike the other games that utilize figures.) I don't have any games to use Fox in but I am looking forward to the release of the Amiibo port for the 3DS.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Destinie wrote:So you can use them in various games instead of just one game? (Which is what I was hoping for unlike the other games that utilize figures.) I don't have any games to use Fox in but I am looking forward to the release of the Amiibo port for the 3DS.
Fox is a classic Nintendo character. I guarantee your Fox amiibo will be useable in the new Star Fox game.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I wish they had made a Star Fox game for Wii. D: D: D:

I'm kind of kicking myself mentally for not picking up the Amiibo I wanted when they were out. I really wanted Pit but it looks like the prices are outrageous now.

Did you read the story online about the guy who hate hoarded all the Rosalina Amiibo?! HAHAH