Fire Emblem

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Cherri

Re: Fire Emblem

Post by Cherri »

Oh that's terrible. DS why you eat saves? Good job getting S rank supports with Chrom!
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

So we finished 6 last night. Turns out that we didn't get the full ending because back in chapter 12 we forgot ONE thing. We had everything else that was required to get to the full ending except for ONE STUPID AXE. >:(

Regardless, it was fun. Tiny review if any of you want to play it, especially compared to other Fire Emblems so you know what to expect:

The good
  • More variety of units than in the other GBA Fire Emblems
  • Your units start out really weak but it doesn't take much to make some of them turn into battletanks that can left alone in front of 20 units (numbers not pulled out of my ass, I saw that happen)
  • Some characters get more than 100% chance of critical hit and that's so satisfying
  • Many different weapons to be found
  • Huge maps with varied environments
  • The game forces you to be more strategic than in the other GBA Fire Emblems (which can be bad for some, but I found it a welcome addition since it seemed kind of cheating to just chop my way through the game with the above-mentioned battletanks)
  • Fa is a fluffy dragon!!!!!!
  • Merlinus is movable from the beginning of the game
The bad
  • Requirements to get the full ending dumb, cryptic and absolutely impossible to get without following a guide; short ending underwhelming at best
  • Character interaction not as well-developed as in later Fire Emblems; not that they're bad, but don't expect bosses having all the different responses to each character before battle that 7 had
  • Roy classes up in the very last chapter of the short ending and before that he's basically a dead weight on your party for most of the game
  • You can't get all characters in a single playthrough since some can only be found in a certain route and some in the other and you have to pick
  • If you thought Florina was frail, wait until you see this game's Pegasus Knights D:
  • You can't get Light magic until you class up clerics or use certain prepromoted people; on the other hand, it's not as important as in FE7 since there are barely any enemy Dark magic users, but it can be a little disappointing if you're waiting for the light magic person
  • Thieves can't class up in this game
If I can think of something more I'll let you know.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That's for all that Dubs. ^-^ I may or may not play it. Wait...ending requirements? That sounds like butts. Just one axe...I would rage so hard.
;o; *** pew! pew!