Animated movies

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Varen

Re: Animated movies

Post by Varen »

I'm always a sucker for animated movies, since I always feel like a child at heart. In general, I like the "fantasy" it brings to even RL concepts - a good way to make me forget real life without ignoring its qualities completely.

Most of my favorites are 90s-2000s Disney movies and PIXAR films. I actually found a lot of the old Disney films to be rather boring - Alice and Wonderland, Beauty & the Beast, Lady & the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, etc, but maybe that's just me.

I don't particularly have a single favorite since I love too many of them, but some examples worth noting that people have mentioned yet are The Brave Little Toaster (now, that is what I call an adventure!), El Dorado, the Prince of Egypt (yes, you don't have to be religious to find this an awesome movie that makes the situation not so black-and-white like the books do), and the Secret of NYMN (sic?).

I loved the Land Before Time and An American Tail too, but dammit, I REFUSE to watch them now because they make me super depressed. A year or so ago, I tried to rewatched the first Land Before Time, and had to stop after Little Foot follows his supposed mother's shadow, and then I cried and cried afterward. ;~;

And of course, my favorite when I was a little girl was The Princess and the Goblin. Back when video rental stores were popular, this was the movie I rented over and over again. I have no clue why, but I loved it for some reason. I even recently bought the DVD version for nostalgic purposes. And the song "There's a Spark Inside Us" gets stuck in my head every once in a while.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Eden

Post by Eden »

I just recently re-watched Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron. Such a lovely movie, it really makes me happy. <3
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I thought Lady & the Tramp was boring and also a lot of the sequels, Little Mermaid 2 and most others. I liked Aladdin 2, but I didn't like 3.

I liked Alice and Wonderland more so because of the memory attached to it. It's simple enough, it was a calm summer vacation afternoon when I watched it. Nothing that would at a glance stand out, yet it was such a nice relaxing day, the kind of day I wouldn't mind living over and over.

I thought Beauty & the Beast was okay.

101 Dalmations was kind of boring, both animated and live, but the series was super cute. I didn't like Spot the chicken, but other than that I actually liked the new art style.

I watched two American Tail movies, didn't like them much.

Never watched Princess and the Goblin.

Got bored with Spirit too.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Oh I love the Disney Alice in Wonderland! I am particularly fond of the part in the forest with the quirky birds XD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I can't name my favorite part of the movie probably because I don't have one. It's not even the movie itself that I find fun, but the memories attached to it and all the parodies and cameos it inspired. I love the Cheshire cat, the concept and character overall more than any specific scene in the movie.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm looking forward to Wreck-it-Ralph! :D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772341/
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Destinie wrote:I'm looking forward to Wreck-it-Ralph! :D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772341/
Yes! XD I've been playing the game a lot XD
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Reviving this thread because of this gorgeous short I watched recently:
The little mermaid - Ivan Aksenchuk, 1969