Blogs

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

Blogs

Post by Todd »

I recently turned my domain into a blog. I was wondering, do any members here blog? I want to connect with more bloggers.
Destinie

Re: Blogs

Post by Destinie »

I used to blog a lot more, way back when. Now I just have my art blog http://winged-victory.net I also keep a food blog (that I hardly update anymore).

I wanted to keep my art site but wanted it to be more personal and use it to inspire me to do my artwork. But I don't think I am a very good blogger. My posts are boring and I update infrequently. xD
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

lol my blog is really inactive, but it's http://blog.aurenen.org

I need to find a topic I can regularly blog about.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

I blog very regularly, actually. My blog has been at the same place since 2003. I have archives going back to like 2005. My blog is http://www.phantom-wolf.net.

Honestly though, I don't know if you want to connect with me as a blogger....I can be a very emotional person and some of my blogs might really freak you out and make you look at me differently, hahahahaha. <3
~ Lady DinoBug
Todd

Post by Todd »

Aw, I wouldn't mind following you. I can't see any entries, though! I just see a comment form and comments on the index page.

I did see your Richard Laymon page though! I love horror novels, so I've read a couple of his! So cool you're into him!
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

Yeah, I need to fix that. I normally blog weekly, but because of these stupid new comments I can't get working right, I've been avoiding it. I want to start reading your blog too, you seem so nice. ^_^

Oh wow, a Laymon fan!!! No way!!! It's so rare to find you guys! Oh man, what have you read? I love his stuff....not that you asked, but let me tell you why, lol.

HIs was the first splatterpunk I've read. Had never heard of it until him. I stumped onto him at Borders one day when I wanted to read horror, but was sick and tired of all the big names. I love his stuff because it's so...nasty! His writing is vicious and his prose are so clean. I know this sounds terrible, but I love how merciless he is with his characters. Rape, sex, gore, lathering yourself up in the rotted remains of your victims before going in to slay another family...

So what have you read by him? Any other fun books/authors you like in the horror genre?

:D
~ Lady DinoBug
Todd

Post by Todd »

Aw, yay, I love new blog buddies.

I've read In the Dark and Beware. My one complaint is not how sexual his writing is, but how dirty, lol. I don't want to read about a bra sticking to a woman's breast, or whatever... lol Having said that, he has some great book ideas! I want to read Savage.

You should read Jeff Strand! He's amazing! He mixes horror and comedy, which I've never seen done before. I'd start with Dweller or The Sinister Mr. Corpse.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

For me, the dirtier, the better, hahaha. I've never read a writer as dirty as him so maybe I'm living vicariously or something? =x

If you can find it, I'd also try reading Island. The Woods Are Dark is also another fantastic one.

I will definitely download a JeffStrand book on my kindle!! I have heard his name many times before! I'll start with Dweller :D
~ Lady DinoBug
Todd

Post by Todd »

Jeff Strand's stuff is super cheap, too! Dweller was my first by him, and my favorite.

I'll try Island! I also want to try Savage by Laymon.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I actually blog on various topics 6 days a week over at Crooked Glasses--my current project is revamping older articles, but I've got almost a thousand entries since 2011.

My blogging/topic schedule:
- Monday: Web design/development
- Tuesday: Philosophical/thoughtful posts, social commentary, anything that's on my mind
- Wednesday: Bible verses and interpretation
- Thursday: Gaming of all sorts (collectible, PC, console, etc.)
- Friday: 4 interesting links from around the Web
- Saturday: Anything creative--writing, music, art, crafting, etc.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org