DILF - A Ryotaro Dojima tribute

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

DILF - A Ryotaro Dojima tribute

Post by nyxmidnight »

I promised it a long time ago and it is finally here!

Dad I'd Love to F*: a Ryotaro Dojima tribute

Thank you for enabling me, friends, and I hope my modest work lives up to your expectations!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
LadyDB

Re: DILF - A Ryotaro Dojima tribute

Post by LadyDB »

Oh my, that is indeed a DILF. Age 41 in-game? Mmm mm what a good number. and a police detective at that? Oh loooord. I knew nothing of this character, which I now love thanks to your awesome shrine. That bit on Japanese work culture was actually really cool, I never knew that. And by the way you explained it, I am really digging his personality and characteristics.

" I love Ryotaro Dojima because he is smoking hot." <-- That right there was the best line ever. I remember you somewhere (I'm pretty sure it was you) writing a post about coming up with names for this shrine. Iam so glad you stuck with DILF. Muahaha.

Also, I love the simplistic layout. The image you picked for him is too badass, and I totally could see this layout for a cop.

I've always considered playing Persona. You just gave me another reason. :)

Anyway, overall, great job!!!
~ Lady DinoBug
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I'm dying from laughter over the fact that you did name it like that in the end
dying

I'll read more in detail later but oh yeah that's a handsome fellow alright, and I'm not really into men

(Oh cool the way the navigation highlights as you scroll! I'm gonna steal that idea sometime :B)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol this is both amusing and informative! XD
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Thank you guys! I'm happy to see my efforts were not in vain XD
LadyDB wrote:Oh my, that is indeed a DILF. Age 41 in-game? Mmm mm what a good number. and a police detective at that? Oh loooord. I knew nothing of this character, which I now love thanks to your awesome shrine. That bit on Japanese work culture was actually really cool, I never knew that. And by the way you explained it, I am really digging his personality and characteristics.
Isn't he? The creative team really did a great job making him a hot daddy.

I think the part about the work culture of Japan is one of the several cultural references that flew over the head of the North-American playerbase, like Rise's status as an idol not indicating that she is a popular singer or anything but rather that she is a sexual object used to sell various junk with her body. I felt it really needed to be explained.
LadyDB wrote:" I love Ryotaro Dojima because he is smoking hot." <-- That right there was the best line ever. I remember you somewhere (I'm pretty sure it was you) writing a post about coming up with names for this shrine. Iam so glad you stuck with DILF. Muahaha.
Why thank you :D And yes, that was me indeed! DILF is really the best name for this shrine, I am glad I did not change my mind.
LadyDB wrote:I've always considered playing Persona. You just gave me another reason. :)
Do iiiiiiiiiit. Shin Megami Tensei needs more fans! And Persona 4 and 3 are actually not that hard compared to the rest of SMT.
dubiousdisc wrote:I'm dying from laughter over the fact that you did name it like that in the end
dying

I'll read more in detail later but oh yeah that's a handsome fellow alright, and I'm not really into men
My work here is done on both accounts :D
dubiousdisc wrote:(Oh cool the way the navigation highlights as you scroll! I'm gonna steal that idea sometime :B)
No problem! I used the framework Bootstrap and it's included into it. You just have to add two CSS classes to the navigation, one to the body, and stick IDs on your section title and the precompiled JS does the rest for you!
Mikari wrote:lol this is both amusing and informative! XD
Excellent! I aim to amuse and inform!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

SNOW APPROVES. *THUMBS UP* This made my day yesterday. And I was too lazy to log in because I was reading your fabulous Dojima-tribute. Excuses, I know. <3 BUT, I do have to say I love it. It also made my day again today! I'm enjoying the color scheme, it's nice and easy to read. I particularly love the arcana section and the fact that you highlighted his relationship with Nanako in several places. Even though he's awkward and can't show it, he does love his daughter and I feel like you covered that well!

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Thank you very much Snow! Your approval means a lot to me, and I'm happy to have made your day two days in a row!

Poor Dojima, such an awkward single dad.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

This was a really fun read! I'm not familiar with the Persona series but the way you write makes it easy to understand the subject matter. I like the section you included on whether Ryotaro is an alcoholic or not, and the fandom section was a neat addition, as well. And from that pic of him I have to say the title is appropriate. ;) Nice work!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

nyxmidnight wrote:Thank you very much Snow! Your approval means a lot to me, and I'm happy to have made your day two days in a row!

Poor Dojima, such an awkward single dad.
Three, since I checked it out this morning too (I read to help wake up in the morning. ;D What better ways than with Dojima?!)

He is, but that's part of what makes his character really charming for me. I think it adds another facet to his character because he's not just a workaholic.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

It's GLORIOUS! Way to go Nyx. I like your warning messages and that fact that you did go with DILF. It's wonderful. Not hard on the eyes at all. And I mostly like how you added your thoughts so seamlessly. At least they were to me.
;o; *** pew! pew!