What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Mikari

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Mikari »

I played a bit of the Golden Sun for the GBA but never finished them. I thought it was okay, but it didn't stand out to me. I did really like the main battle theme. I do so love RPG battle themes, so fast and catchy. :D
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Mikari wrote:I played a bit of the Golden Sun for the GBA but never finished them. I thought it was okay, but it didn't stand out to me. I did really like the main battle theme. I do so love RPG battle themes, so fast and catchy. :D
For now I'm liking the battle system with the Djinn etc etc quite a bit, it's pretty interesting. I can't really say anything else since I'm still at the beginning of the game XD
And yeeeees, battle themes are always so catchy! It's pretty unusual for me not to like them too.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I'm not playing it anymore, but over the weekend I got to play Limbo while visiting my sister. I really enjoyed it, it's a unique game.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

dragoneyes wrote:I just started playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on my DS, it seems interesting so far :3
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn = Awesome! One of my favorite video games by far. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Varen

Post by Varen »

On my third playthrough with Dragon Age II. While I DEFINITELY see some of the flaws compared to the previous game, honestly, it wasn't that bad as so many are making them out to be. I think some of its improvements also kinda blend with its flaws as well. At least there isn't stupid padding (I'm looking at you, Fade and overly long Deep Roads >:( ) to make this game easier to replay than the last one.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Varen wrote:On my third playthrough with Dragon Age II. While I DEFINITELY see some of the flaws compared to the previous game, honestly, it wasn't that bad as so many are making them out to be. I think some of its improvements also kinda blend with its flaws as well. At least there isn't stupid padding (I'm looking at you, Fade and overly long Deep Roads >:( ) to make this game easier to replay than the last one.
Agreed! I really enjoyed DAII despite the flaws, and I was always a little bewildered by the unending hate the game got. (I also don't mind the Fade and the Deep Roads, but I've played DA:O so many times I can do the Fade super quickly, even on harder difficulties. And I LOVE the atmosphere of the Deep Roads. It's so creepy!)

I'm still playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy a lot. Battle With the Four Fiends on Ultimate has become my nemesis. :|
a spoony bard
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

There's a blackout :( no computer, no working on sites. I'm posting from my iPod now. I'll probably finish a lot more Gurumin stages today
Varen

Post by Varen »

Emma wrote:
Varen wrote:On my third playthrough with Dragon Age II. While I DEFINITELY see some of the flaws compared to the previous game, honestly, it wasn't that bad as so many are making them out to be. I think some of its improvements also kinda blend with its flaws as well. At least there isn't stupid padding (I'm looking at you, Fade and overly long Deep Roads >:( ) to make this game easier to replay than the last one.
Agreed! I really enjoyed DAII despite the flaws, and I was always a little bewildered by the unending hate the game got. (I also don't mind the Fade and the Deep Roads, but I've played DA:O so many times I can do the Fade super quickly, even on harder difficulties. And I LOVE the atmosphere of the Deep Roads. It's so creepy!)
I'm jealous, I have to lower down the difficulty just to tolerate the Fade. D: I do like the Deep Roads though - Ozammar in general had the best sidequest plot IMO - I just wish it was somewhat shorter, haha. I always feel the need to complete a quest as soon as I start it, so with how long it goes, I get tired pretty easier. But it's more my fault than the game's.

And I agree, I can see why people might call the game inferior, but I love it regardless. I honestly think the party members are more refreshing and unique with their character flaws, than just a general bunch of nice people minus a few "evil ones". And I'm a sucker for not-so-black-and-white stories (although I do admit the game didn't do it much by making both sides assholes with little sympathetic elements), so I like the more dark fantasy aspect to the plot.

And I actually like Hawke more than the Warden only because he/she's actually voiced, so they feel more like a character than a mere puppet for the player.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
anon

Post by anon »

I gave up Twilight Princess for now because the game keeps giving me motion sickness (currently starting Palace of Twilight right now), so I started playing more of the Subspace Emissary adventure mode in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I've started playing The Last Story, and I'm finding myself a little disappointed. But I'll stick with it for a bit longer!
a spoony bard